Skip to main content

Making Sushi Rice/Being good at what's most important


From now on, I will focus on making rice (you can read Seth Godin's blog post  below to see what I mean). Instead of focusing on what's important, I do everything else, except what's important.
First, make rice
Fledgling sushi chefs spend months (sometimes years) doing nothing but making the rice for the head chef.
If the rice isn't right, it really doesn't matter what else you do, you're not going to be able to serve great sushi.
Most of the blogging and writing that goes on about marketing assumes that you already know how to make the rice. It assumes you understand copywriting and graphic design, that you've got experience in measuring direct response rates, that you've made hundreds of sales calls, have an innate empathy for what your customers want and think and that you know how to make a compelling case for what you believe.
Too often, we quickly jump ahead to the new thing, failing to get good enough at the important thing.
 


I want to be in sales/marketing/customer relations/ yet I can't even succeed with Beyoumakeupshop nor my blog/YouTube. It's sad to say, but it's the truth. I will bring great content and be good at what I do.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline's Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner

Maybelline's Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner   in  Blackest Black  is very creamy and super gentle when applied to the lids, not to mention the brush is definitely a great add in as well. I remember when I first bought the L'oreal Hip Gel Eyeliner, the tiny brush that came with it was super stiff and horrible, but this brush is more flexible and it can be use to fling your winged eyeliners and such.  Would I repurchase this product again?  Yes, I really want to   eggplant .  In terms of staying power, I have really oily lids, so when I had this on the other day, it lasted a lot longer than I thought (although I don't remember how many hours, definitely not 24 though because I could tell part of the liner was fading).  I'm sure if you apply an eye primer base or your concealer, it would last a very long time.    I took this picture right after I bought the product because I was so excited to try it since it had ...

Create a relationship that encourages openness

Is it easier to be consumed in the life I want to live and and not pay attention to the life I have, especially to those who are most close to me. The balance between the external and internal worlds we balance and manage on a daily basis can overshadow how life moves swiftly and quickly through the lives of our loved ones. If I could go back a few years ago or 10 years ago, I would wish I'd take more time to be myself and to build a relationship of openness and encouragement. It's crazy how we can share our deepest fears and our entire worlds with friends, yet, within our own family, we are so afraid to share those secrets. Share your secrets and fears with your family, regardless of the situation, they will be there for you.

First Goodbye

  This specific day I said goodbye to something, the first of its kind in my life.It is difficult to let go when something has become part of your life and you will not be the same after it is gone.  I will do my best to focus on other things in my life and getting things done.  I don't regret it though, I'm grateful because we are not rocks nor stones that are untouchable and life brings us events and people to change our lives. Thank you for everything you have given me I now have a thing for rings and earrings, long earrings. The one above is my favorite (Charlotte Russe), it reminds me of mango leaves for some reason and  that leads to the book The House on Mango Street that I will read by the end of this year. Have you ever been in an experience where you never want to be in ever again? I never want to be so cold again, therefore, I always wear a small camsole (is that right?) inside all of my shirts.  I think i'm kind of into lacey clothing items. ...