Skip to main content

First time wearing red lips & tights

Have you ever sufferd one of those times where you  put on makeup and the right lip color, even a new hairstyle--most important of all, you think you look nice. When the pictures come out- "What?! Is that how I look on cameras?!" *Runs away and hides face*

Last night for friend's birthday party- I wore red lipstick for the first time, it was a goregous matte red with hint of orange. My FIRST TIME wearing such a strong color. I was using a foundation that I had thought was a bit too light before- but knowing me, I forgot. I had looked at myself in the mirror  and gave myself the thumbs up*Thumbs up* before leaving the house.


My face looked like a semi round shaped ball that is pale white!



The lesson here is despite what you end up "looking like" on cameras- angles and lights do play major roles in how one looks in pictures, picutres don't necessarily capture everything. Experiementing with differerent makeup colors, hair styles,  and clothes is great because it builds character and helps you to get out of what you have been used to. At the end of the night, , if you, yourself like what you have on and you feel good about yourself- let it be and be glad you tried new things *hehe* I'm glad I did, really.   I wish I had more guts to do this more often.

**10/23/2010
First time wearing red lipstick and "tights"= felt super cool and awesome for going out of my comfort zones. I always felt stockings weren't meant for me because my calves are too big and red is too much. 
A red lipstick makes such a subtle, yet strong statement.  Red lips are beautiful and powerful.

Do you remember the first time you wore red lipsticks?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline's Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner

Maybelline's Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner   in  Blackest Black  is very creamy and super gentle when applied to the lids, not to mention the brush is definitely a great add in as well. I remember when I first bought the L'oreal Hip Gel Eyeliner, the tiny brush that came with it was super stiff and horrible, but this brush is more flexible and it can be use to fling your winged eyeliners and such.  Would I repurchase this product again?  Yes, I really want to   eggplant .  In terms of staying power, I have really oily lids, so when I had this on the other day, it lasted a lot longer than I thought (although I don't remember how many hours, definitely not 24 though because I could tell part of the liner was fading).  I'm sure if you apply an eye primer base or your concealer, it would last a very long time.    I took this picture right after I bought the product because I was so excited to try it since it had ...

Create a relationship that encourages openness

Is it easier to be consumed in the life I want to live and and not pay attention to the life I have, especially to those who are most close to me. The balance between the external and internal worlds we balance and manage on a daily basis can overshadow how life moves swiftly and quickly through the lives of our loved ones. If I could go back a few years ago or 10 years ago, I would wish I'd take more time to be myself and to build a relationship of openness and encouragement. It's crazy how we can share our deepest fears and our entire worlds with friends, yet, within our own family, we are so afraid to share those secrets. Share your secrets and fears with your family, regardless of the situation, they will be there for you.

It's been x days of running

This was me roughly 3 weeks ago when I first embarked on my journey to run everyday for 100 days. Before this project, it was difficult for me to complete a 1 mile run or jog, without huffing and puffing, but after 3 weeks, I can make it to 1 mile without wanting to give up. I used to be quite jealous of people who sweat a lot at the gym because I did not have the perseverance to run to the point where I would sweat, I just gave up too easily. People say if you fully commit yourself to something for 100 days, you'll blown yourself away, you might even be really good at it. To be honest, I have not run everyday since I have started, but I have done the best I can within the last 3 weeks. I should be up to 5 miles/run now, but this is the breaking point. I've jogged up to 4 miles (with a walking break after every mile), but my mentality hasn't been there recently. I run at our local community center and I would watch The Big Bang Theory  or Modern Family  as...