Skip to main content

Blue eyes & orange lips

I wanted to play with Beyoumakeupshop's 42 shimmer double stack palette I was inspired by this Fall's beauty trend of subtle makeup and somewhat "orange" lips.

The look on the left was the natural Fall makeup trend I was hoping to end up with- but instead of smoky black & grays, I ended up with gold/orange and blue ( a tribute to my lovely UCLA) . I honestly tried to zoom into the picture and saw smoky blues- but it was a bit tad difficult to pull  this smokey under the eyes look (on myself) because the colors fall into the sockets and its not as easy to see it until you have very light skin.




This picture shows (the blues) appearing to be very "smeary" and has no depth in colors (this camera didn't capture the colors well enough) because I tried using multiple variations of blue and some grays. The original model has a thicker and more define line at the top and slowly faded down.



I didn't have any orange lipstick and so patted on some of the orange blush from the palette in the center of the lips =) I will revisit this look again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline's Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner

Maybelline's Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner   in  Blackest Black  is very creamy and super gentle when applied to the lids, not to mention the brush is definitely a great add in as well. I remember when I first bought the L'oreal Hip Gel Eyeliner, the tiny brush that came with it was super stiff and horrible, but this brush is more flexible and it can be use to fling your winged eyeliners and such.  Would I repurchase this product again?  Yes, I really want to   eggplant .  In terms of staying power, I have really oily lids, so when I had this on the other day, it lasted a lot longer than I thought (although I don't remember how many hours, definitely not 24 though because I could tell part of the liner was fading).  I'm sure if you apply an eye primer base or your concealer, it would last a very long time.    I took this picture right after I bought the product because I was so excited to try it since it had ...

Create a relationship that encourages openness

Is it easier to be consumed in the life I want to live and and not pay attention to the life I have, especially to those who are most close to me. The balance between the external and internal worlds we balance and manage on a daily basis can overshadow how life moves swiftly and quickly through the lives of our loved ones. If I could go back a few years ago or 10 years ago, I would wish I'd take more time to be myself and to build a relationship of openness and encouragement. It's crazy how we can share our deepest fears and our entire worlds with friends, yet, within our own family, we are so afraid to share those secrets. Share your secrets and fears with your family, regardless of the situation, they will be there for you.

It's been x days of running

This was me roughly 3 weeks ago when I first embarked on my journey to run everyday for 100 days. Before this project, it was difficult for me to complete a 1 mile run or jog, without huffing and puffing, but after 3 weeks, I can make it to 1 mile without wanting to give up. I used to be quite jealous of people who sweat a lot at the gym because I did not have the perseverance to run to the point where I would sweat, I just gave up too easily. People say if you fully commit yourself to something for 100 days, you'll blown yourself away, you might even be really good at it. To be honest, I have not run everyday since I have started, but I have done the best I can within the last 3 weeks. I should be up to 5 miles/run now, but this is the breaking point. I've jogged up to 4 miles (with a walking break after every mile), but my mentality hasn't been there recently. I run at our local community center and I would watch The Big Bang Theory  or Modern Family  as...