Skip to main content

Burberry CEO inspirational article



"she's all talent and no pretension."
You have to see it to believe it is my personal take on dreamers achieving their dreams.   I'd like to share an article linked by a friend from wherelse but Facebook regarding the Burberry CEO Angela Ahrendts and how she balances work and life "Earning Her Stripes". As young women, despite your career goals, I believe it's really important to learn from others who have gone before us. Of course reading it, I didn't understand everything because I've never been a part of high fashion nor work with such luxurious brands, but it's a good read (6 pages I believe)! Even if we read about a woman who achieves amazing success and has done incredibly things but we do not know of her company or brand, it doesn't motivate or inspire us as much. However, since this is vice versa ( I think a lot of people know of Burberry), it impacts us more and we think to ourselves, "hey, I can do that!" She grew up in Indiana and made it to where she is without things being handed to her because "she's all talent and no pretension."
  •  "[...] knowing the market, the customer, and perfectly anticipating demand" is how she created her success with the multibillion dollars brand
  • READ The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader by John Maxwell
  • "And if the end result is that someone, somewhere winds up believing that they can do something out of the ordinary, well then you've really made it."--

March 15,2011 marks my very first makeup tutorial "15 minutes for every makeup." ** I know it is not anything exciting for others, but I will remember this first tutorial, my contribution to the YouTube community. Makeup for me was a medium because I thought I could sell them, but like a relationship, now I like to play and practice with them because it's my escape. It helps me to bring something else within me I didn't think I had, creativity, courage, and it's a reminder to not limit yourself to who you think you can be. I hope in a couple of years, my skills will be a lot better and I can help give better makeovers and help bring out the outerbeauty that others may not see in themselves, just as it did for me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create a relationship that encourages openness

Is it easier to be consumed in the life I want to live and and not pay attention to the life I have, especially to those who are most close to me. The balance between the external and internal worlds we balance and manage on a daily basis can overshadow how life moves swiftly and quickly through the lives of our loved ones. If I could go back a few years ago or 10 years ago, I would wish I'd take more time to be myself and to build a relationship of openness and encouragement. It's crazy how we can share our deepest fears and our entire worlds with friends, yet, within our own family, we are so afraid to share those secrets. Share your secrets and fears with your family, regardless of the situation, they will be there for you.

Favorite Summer Activities: Eating fresh oysters list

Favorite Summer Activities: Eating fresh oysters 

First day testing out Canon EOS M6 (with 11-22m lens)

We are beginners of photography, but since I am working to build/start my YouTube channel, I invested in the Canon EOS M6 camera recently. I still have my Nikon T3 from years ago, but I never put in the time and effort to learn how to use it quickly. I feel very excited with our new M6 as it's a greater starter camera for people like myself, who wants videos and photos to be beautiful without a lot of efforts. Over time, I would like to learn more about photography because I love looking at beautiful Instagram profiles and YouTube videos. Who doesn't? :) What do you think about the Canon EOS M6? Are you a fan of Canon, Nikon, Sony, or Fuji? Below is our first Vlog with Olive using the new camera!