Can a $2 castor oil product make your eyelashes grow?! Or is it a magical "potion?"
Has anyone heard of CASTOR OIL? (bottle on the right)
I came across this product when I searched on YouTube for ways to help eyelashes grow other than the vaseline I was trying, (well, I didn't want to spend $40 on Rapidlash). I had another YTuber who was using castor oil + olive oil to enhance her lash growth and thought, why not try it?! I tried it for a couple weeks but it didn't really make an impact on me. But now, I have returned! and is trying just Castor Oil only this time =) However, I'm doing a mini eyelashes experiment to compare the growth between Castor oil (will be apply to the right eye) and Sweet Almond Oil (left eye) for 1 month. Read below to see the benefits of this versatile oil and if my eyelashes even grew between the 2.
What is CASTOR OIL?
According to Skinverse , Castor Oil is extracted from the seeds of the castor oil (ricinus communis), its color is pale yellow and rather transparent, sort of just like olive oil. It doesn't really have a smell either. It has been use for so many different things and treatments throughout history, from Egypt, Rome, Greece, and even China. Below are some of the amazing benefits!! In terms of skin and beauty, it makes me think it's a sort of magical potion (oil). Seriously! What can't this do?! However, there's always skepticism as some may view it as "poison" (according to Skinverse), but that goes with everything in life.
- ***While the castor bean contains toxins that make it poisonous, the oil has only trace amounts of those toxins and instead of poisoning the body, causes purgative effects instead. When rubbed into the skin, castor oil penetrates deeper than any other essential plant oils. Rubbing castor oil on the skin relieves pain, reduces inflammation, detoxifies the body and boosts lymphatic circulation. ( I will try this with my mother)
- Helps as a laxative, expels intestinal worms, relieves muscle ache, cures sleepless and insomnia, treats skin infections
Beauty benefits of Castor Oil:
- Cures acne
- Helps with smooth and youthful skin
- Breaks up internal and external scar tissue while preventing new scars from forming
- THICKENS EYELASHES AND EYEBROWS******
- Prevents hair loss & generates hair
- keeps hair sleek and shiny ( good to use with coconut oil)
- prevents stretch marks
- removes moles & warts (really?!)
- remove age spots
- Cures acne due to the Ricinoleic acid that prevents viruses and bacteria and since castor oil penetrates into deeper into the skin than other plants, this makes it an "effective acne treatment."
- How to
- To treat acne, dab a hot damp washcloth all over your face in the evening before you go to bed. The heat will gently open the pores on your face. After this, massage a little castor oil gently into the skin. Leave on overnight. Repeat this daily for 1 to 2 weeks to see results. You can also repeat this twice in the day, once at night and once in the morning\
- Smooth and youthful skin
- How to
- Castor oil works better than any store-bought anti-aging creams.
The best way to use castor oil is to rub in a small amount over your face and around your eyes before bed. This may be hard to do at first because castor oil is extremely thick and sticky. Therefore, rub the oil in as thoroughly as possible and then pat your face gently with a tissue to get rid of the excess. This will keep wrinkles at bay. Be sure to use only cold pressed castor oil that is hexane free. Any other kind may clog your pores
|After 5 days =) Right eye (castor oil) Left eye (sweet almond oil)|
Conclusion on whether my eyelashes have grown? I had purchased the same castor oil as I had used months ago (the one I had used with olive oil) and I have been using it for 1 week now. I'm in the process of comparing it to sweet almond oil to see which one will help my eyelashes and eyebrows grow faster. I bought both at a supermarket for less than $2 each. The verdict- YES! YES! YES! My eyelashes do seem longer and fuller. How do I notice this? For the last couple of times since I've curled and applied mascara, I can actually see my eylashes above my lids. I will try this for about 1 month and I will let you know how it works =) Long and thick eyelashes are so pretty to look at =)
|After 1.5 week ( I know you can't really tell, but see those lashes that stick out above the eyelids?) ;)|