Skip to main content

World Cup 2010 "Be the Wavin' Flag"


Is anyone super estatic for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa? or the NBA's Final Championship between the Lakers and Boston Celtics? I am not a big sports fan, but with these two major events, it makes the summer a little bit more exciting!


(It is a crime, or should be a crime that some athletes are so heavenly built, not to mention the handsome faces, and are so extremely gifted in sports!)


As I have stated, I am not familiar with the world of sports, but it makes you think of the vast capabilities and potentials that individuals can have. We are familiar with the saying  everyone has a unique gift, a special talent, but some stand out more than others and dedicate their entire lives to them. We need to find what we love and put in the endless hours, hard work, patience, etc...to become amazingly good at it.  I wonder if all these world class athletes were told as children they would be someone great one day? In such places as the United States, there are opportunities given to those with talent or those that have the "will" but in other places, even if you have the will, without the money and connections, goals and dreams can become unattainable.

[Did anyone told Cristiano Ronaldo he would be one of the most amazing soccer/"futbol" player in the
world?]



I have 4 nephews and I want them to know that they have unlimited potentials, they can accomplish anything they want, and never let anyone tell them they are not good enough. Some of us are fortunate to have parents and family members who encourage us to strive for the stars and the moons, even the galaxy! "CONQUER THE WORLD," they say. Some of us already have formed images of ourselves and our capabilities at a young age, "knowing" we cannot do this or that. I wan them to know despite what they do or do not achieve,  or despite their grades, I will always be very proud of them. I will always believe in them and support them. All children should be able to hear "you can do it" and know that their love ones will continuously love and support them.



We cannot control certain attributes that we have nor the events that happen in our lives, even bad things happen to good people.  Life has a lot of surprises, but I believe that one of the most important factor to becoming a bit closer to our dreams in life is to not give up. 

 How many people have been told no countless times, yet over trials and tribulations, became a success? Many. You can do it! When others tell you "NO,", it's just a small test to see how much you want it. Even if you have been told you are a failure and you will not amount to what you think you would, don't listen. Be that "Wavin' Flag"



"You can fall over and over again and countless mistakes, but if you keep trying, you're a winner in my books."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create a relationship that encourages openness

Is it easier to be consumed in the life I want to live and and not pay attention to the life I have, especially to those who are most close to me. The balance between the external and internal worlds we balance and manage on a daily basis can overshadow how life moves swiftly and quickly through the lives of our loved ones. If I could go back a few years ago or 10 years ago, I would wish I'd take more time to be myself and to build a relationship of openness and encouragement. It's crazy how we can share our deepest fears and our entire worlds with friends, yet, within our own family, we are so afraid to share those secrets. Share your secrets and fears with your family, regardless of the situation, they will be there for you.

Favorite Summer Activities: Eating fresh oysters list

Favorite Summer Activities: Eating fresh oysters 

First day testing out Canon EOS M6 (with 11-22m lens)

We are beginners of photography, but since I am working to build/start my YouTube channel, I invested in the Canon EOS M6 camera recently. I still have my Nikon T3 from years ago, but I never put in the time and effort to learn how to use it quickly. I feel very excited with our new M6 as it's a greater starter camera for people like myself, who wants videos and photos to be beautiful without a lot of efforts. Over time, I would like to learn more about photography because I love looking at beautiful Instagram profiles and YouTube videos. Who doesn't? :) What do you think about the Canon EOS M6? Are you a fan of Canon, Nikon, Sony, or Fuji? Below is our first Vlog with Olive using the new camera!