Skip to main content

Fall Night 2010 Look (my most improved makeup work so far)


I'm blogging crazy tonight. I've been practicing with makeup once again.

Eyebrows
One problem I have is I don't know how to fill in my brows, I have watched many YouTube gurus' tutorials on the art of filling in brows, but I can't do it yet. Is it because all the hairs are growing in one way and they should be trimmed more?


Face
Primer & foundations
stippling brush & method

New thing I've tried is mixing my Rimmel's Fix (left) & Perfect Face Primer & my Missha BB cream #23 together (right). BB creams are great because they are suppose to help with blemishes and it's good for your skin, yet the color choices are rather limited, and well, it comes off with a "white cast." it's one of the recent hottest products in Asia.

Therefore I mixed it with my Fix & Perfect (left) to give it some color, mattify the skin, and to even out the skin tone.

Why I rarely wear foundations
Like I've mentioned in my previous posts, I don't wear fondations unless I go to special events, but I do try to wear eye makeup. I want my face to look natural and well, I don't want to try to look too different from how I naturally am.   

If I do go out, I just apply my Rimmel's Fix & Perfect Face Primer + setting powder. However, if I do wear foundations, I usually just use a flat brush from ELF's. 

I've recently bought a "stippling" brush and it's incredibly soft! It's the softest thing I've ever touch. People say when you stipple your foundation on, it's suppose to give a more flawless and "air-brush" effect. Therefore I tried this method with this brush for the 1st time...& voila...
 
With flash
I think this brush did a really good job, even if the bristle are rather more delicate and incredibly soft. It does look more smooth & softer than when I just use my hands or a flat brush. I really like this method!


Here is what the foundation looks like on the side of my face with the acne spots &holes. Stippling helps to fill in those holes rather than just to swipe them on, as a flat brush or our hands may do.


Here is the foundation with the other side of my face, the nicer side, except I had a few dry spots (as you can see near the mouth).


And...Finally!




I'm most proud of myself for today's look because it's my most complete makeup look I have ever done on myself, especially for the eyes; since I'm still relatively inexperience and new. Inspired by fall colors as the base and the family of "purples."



My most favorite part of this look are the eyes and sort of Fall 2010 Makeup Trend inspired of  the more natural lip stain. 


 Products
Face:
*Stippling brush 
-Missha BB Cream #23
-Rimmel's Fix & Perfect Face Primer ( I love this!)
-Bare Minerals "Mineral Veil"

Eyes:
*Primer: CoverGirl Whipped Cream Base
-Wet n' Wild Eyeshadow palette in "Lust" (OMG. I love this! Very pigmented, great choices of colors, and cheaper than other palettes!)
-Wet n Wild eye pencil in "graphite" (green)
-Victoria Bare Bronze "Heat Mirage" eyeshadow palette
-The Face Shop Freshian Volumizing mascara

Cheeks:
-Victoria Secret Bronze "Heat Mirage" eyeshadow palette
-Wet n Wild Matte lipstick "903C"

Lips
-Wet n Wild Matte lipstick "910D" (Red)
-NYX Lipgloss "Pink"





























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline's Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner

Maybelline's Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner   in  Blackest Black  is very creamy and super gentle when applied to the lids, not to mention the brush is definitely a great add in as well. I remember when I first bought the L'oreal Hip Gel Eyeliner, the tiny brush that came with it was super stiff and horrible, but this brush is more flexible and it can be use to fling your winged eyeliners and such.  Would I repurchase this product again?  Yes, I really want to   eggplant .  In terms of staying power, I have really oily lids, so when I had this on the other day, it lasted a lot longer than I thought (although I don't remember how many hours, definitely not 24 though because I could tell part of the liner was fading).  I'm sure if you apply an eye primer base or your concealer, it would last a very long time.    I took this picture right after I bought the product because I was so excited to try it since it had ...

First Goodbye

  This specific day I said goodbye to something, the first of its kind in my life.It is difficult to let go when something has become part of your life and you will not be the same after it is gone.  I will do my best to focus on other things in my life and getting things done.  I don't regret it though, I'm grateful because we are not rocks nor stones that are untouchable and life brings us events and people to change our lives. Thank you for everything you have given me I now have a thing for rings and earrings, long earrings. The one above is my favorite (Charlotte Russe), it reminds me of mango leaves for some reason and  that leads to the book The House on Mango Street that I will read by the end of this year. Have you ever been in an experience where you never want to be in ever again? I never want to be so cold again, therefore, I always wear a small camsole (is that right?) inside all of my shirts.  I think i'm kind of into lacey clothing items. ...

Create a relationship that encourages openness

Is it easier to be consumed in the life I want to live and and not pay attention to the life I have, especially to those who are most close to me. The balance between the external and internal worlds we balance and manage on a daily basis can overshadow how life moves swiftly and quickly through the lives of our loved ones. If I could go back a few years ago or 10 years ago, I would wish I'd take more time to be myself and to build a relationship of openness and encouragement. It's crazy how we can share our deepest fears and our entire worlds with friends, yet, within our own family, we are so afraid to share those secrets. Share your secrets and fears with your family, regardless of the situation, they will be there for you.