Skip to main content

Being yourself & just working hard because you can

Hi everyone, did you missed me? *Smile*

I've been working really hard lately since it's the holidays, retail jobs loves holidays =) especially Christmas. The internet still doesn't work yet, hopefully by the 22nd, I don't have to go to Barnes & Noble, Boba, or coffee shop, or other places to use the internet =( This job has been really fun because it makes me dress up (because I never really dress in anything outside than my jeans)

Today, I even wore a DRESS, yes, I said it, a dress with black and red stripes, along with cute side pockets with gray tights. I'd never really though I'd wear this because I've always been self conscious about my huge calves, but I've seen other people who are about my size wear them and they they look pretty- =) A little stepping out of the box for me before 2010 ends. Dress for yourself, professional, comfortable, and nice.

A coworker of mine says I randomly smile, or asked- I just said "I'm grateful to be working." Even graduating with a B.A in International Development Studies from a great university like mine, I was "dumb enough" to turn down job offers (mostly in sales and customer service) that were $14 or below an hour because I wanted higher wage, $20/hour because I was too confident. I end up not working for a while and going through some personal things and changes, but now, like I said, I'm just smiling because I'm so grateful to be working while it lasts.  Hopefully I can pay off some of my bills that I've been holding off and still afford to get something wonderful for my family and some cards (teehee) for my friends.

I decided on this blog that I should be more of "me," I always try to sound so professional (I somehow fear that if i write too much on this blog or is too much of "me")- it would not be professional for my future career. It's okay, there's a midpoint between being yourself and professional.

Work hard ladies!
Goodnite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create a relationship that encourages openness

Is it easier to be consumed in the life I want to live and and not pay attention to the life I have, especially to those who are most close to me. The balance between the external and internal worlds we balance and manage on a daily basis can overshadow how life moves swiftly and quickly through the lives of our loved ones. If I could go back a few years ago or 10 years ago, I would wish I'd take more time to be myself and to build a relationship of openness and encouragement. It's crazy how we can share our deepest fears and our entire worlds with friends, yet, within our own family, we are so afraid to share those secrets. Share your secrets and fears with your family, regardless of the situation, they will be there for you.

Favorite Summer Activities: Eating fresh oysters list

Favorite Summer Activities: Eating fresh oysters 

First day testing out Canon EOS M6 (with 11-22m lens)

We are beginners of photography, but since I am working to build/start my YouTube channel, I invested in the Canon EOS M6 camera recently. I still have my Nikon T3 from years ago, but I never put in the time and effort to learn how to use it quickly. I feel very excited with our new M6 as it's a greater starter camera for people like myself, who wants videos and photos to be beautiful without a lot of efforts. Over time, I would like to learn more about photography because I love looking at beautiful Instagram profiles and YouTube videos. Who doesn't? :) What do you think about the Canon EOS M6? Are you a fan of Canon, Nikon, Sony, or Fuji? Below is our first Vlog with Olive using the new camera!