Skip to main content

Seth Godin's - Be your own REMARKABLE purple cow !

Sometimes you just feel like a "loser," not technically, but that is how I feel right now because many things are not turning out the way I'd like them to. I've been feeling very frustrated with myself, but that's not really helping change anything. I believe that all successful people, despite the differences between the levels of success they achieve, have a lot of self discipline and control. Self discipline to wake up at the right time, exercise, focus, learn, and the self control to keep their eyes on the goals. To be successful in anything, you have to constantly learn and learn and practice!

As for me, I tend to sometimes put time into what I like to do rather than what I should when I feel extremely stress at home. 24 hours is not enough time and it passes by so quickly, if we keep track of our activities and what we do each hour- the list may appear to be very unproductive for some of us. I've decided that I will not let time slip by anymore, I am going to make sure I am very productive and keep track of what I do each hour in the day and allocate time to each activity. Days and and months will go by very fast, I do not want to be in the same place that I was a month, or five months ago, I want to be somewhere else- and that is exactly where I will work toward being.

As you all know, I love public libraries because they offer everything you can possibly like to learn, even fashion and makeup magazines! A new library close to my home has new tennis courts, basketball courts, a big empty field for soccer, baseball field, and even a "fitness center" (it's not open yet). If only every couple of blocks or every city should have 4 or 5 public libraries and basketball courts, tennis courts, fitness centers, etc... that would totally be awesome! Imagine how many kids would read more, be able to do homework, feel motivated, be more physically active, and awesome! Usually I can't get to the tennis court because they are always filled- Old Vietnamese men are very strong on the tennis courts!

I started to read Seth Godin's THE NEXT BIG MARKETING IDEA and I am so glad I did. The cover itself seems very "kiddish" and it wasn't too appealing to me, but of the 18+ pages I've read, the readings (vocabularies) are easy to understand, the pages themselves are small so it makes me want to read more, and the examples are what we are surrounded by, not to mention interesting! (He also wrote Best Sellers Purple Cow & Permission Marketing)

An intro to his book (preface?): --> He even gave his email!
MAYBE NOT. MAYBE THIS IS JUST A BOOK ABOUT HOW EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US CAN CREATE IDEAS THAT MAKE OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES REMARKABLE.


It turns out that people who make things happen- the champions- are now in short supply and more successful than ever.  This is a book about a very simple idea (one that you've probably thought of yourself): If you make your product, your service, your school, your church or your career worth talking about, the word will spread.  Go make something happen, and it'll pay off.

I bet you can do just that.

A great example that I thought was eye opening and did not know of before is his example relating to Amazon.com: Basically a year ago (from when the book was published), Amazon stopped all of its advertisement and invested its money into its customers through free shipping!  Everyone "proclaimed the death of Amazon" but instead, "after 12 months, the results were in." Who would've thought " sales for the year were up 37%" while international growth was "an astonishing 81%!"

He gave a mini summary of his Purple Cow below on how to be REMARKABLE!
Here's the quick definition of Purple Cow: A Purple Cow is a product or service that's REMARKABLE.  "Remarkable" simply means that a customer is willing to make a remark about it.  If you can create remarkable products, people will talk about them.  If that happens, the word will spread and your sales will grow.  That explains the success of most every fast-growing company for the last ten years.


Are you invisible? Or REMARKABLE?

...wait a minute, here are some inspirations for makeup ideas =)
The purple/orchid sparkles really pretty in the light (gold & purple)


How incredibly gorgeous!
 

________________________________________________________________________
(Day 1)
I have a goal for myself this week (1/19-1/26) and I will achieve it, there's just no way around it. You tend to get comfortable when you're in a slump and become negative- but these factors wont change anything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create a relationship that encourages openness

Is it easier to be consumed in the life I want to live and and not pay attention to the life I have, especially to those who are most close to me. The balance between the external and internal worlds we balance and manage on a daily basis can overshadow how life moves swiftly and quickly through the lives of our loved ones. If I could go back a few years ago or 10 years ago, I would wish I'd take more time to be myself and to build a relationship of openness and encouragement. It's crazy how we can share our deepest fears and our entire worlds with friends, yet, within our own family, we are so afraid to share those secrets. Share your secrets and fears with your family, regardless of the situation, they will be there for you.

Favorite Summer Activities: Eating fresh oysters list

Favorite Summer Activities: Eating fresh oysters 

My love for makeup

It's never been easier to document visually anything than now.  Mobile devices makes the process faster, easier, and "sharable." I'm happy  +Google+   has made it easier than ever to have all your photos from years ago in one place, at least if you have Android. As today is a new year, looking back at photos of years ago remind us of what we loved and what we aspired to be. Below are a compilation of pictures of my "journey" to practice makeup, not only to look and feel better, but it gives me a chance to be creative. Learning makeup brings out the artistic qualities in me and indeed, it can be a great distraction during stressful times.  My interpretation from Black Swan (the movie) Yup, I even started a YoutTube channel! I only knew how to apply 2 colors, over and over every day, on every single look. I experimented with different mascaras for us girls who have no lashes. (Limpy, thin, lashes that don't curl= waterproof