Skip to main content
I was in an office, waiting for the front desk associate to come back to the office so that I can hand her my resume and cover letter- instead of sending them through email or fax, I thought that by showing up will help me to stand out among other candidates. Well, I guess that's one thing that an applicant can do to help him/herself, by showing initiative (unless the company specifically states "please do not call or show up at the office soliciting [ I'm joking about the soliciting part])

"Judge your success By what you had to give up in order to get it. - Dalai Lama

 Things, people, and memories pop up every now and then to remind us not to worry about the little things.  Success is much more worth it when you work really hard for it, even if it may come slowly, almost like a turtle.  I guess that is why I tend to have a great amount of respect and admiration for those who have achieve certain levels of success (although this may be bias because we don't know where their success came from), some easier than others, but they probably had to have given up a lot to be standing in the place they are now.

"If wealth is lost, nothing is lost. If health is lost, something is lost. But, if character is lost, everything is lost."

and this is really interesting to me (via about.com) 

Everybody has a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde in their personality. You cannot be a do-gooder without having a mean streak within you. Good and bad are two sides of the same coin. Duality of human nature is necessary to create harmony. Celebrate the darker side within you. It is the darker side that gives sheen to your personality. Here are dark quotes that bring out the best and the worst out of you.


Everyone, especially women, are so afraid of growing older, of wrinkles and crows feet, etc... but I think there is something incredibly powerful about growing old, older.  When I see older women walk by in the mall, I think they are incredibly beautiful, especially those with white hair.  It takes a lot to live. Growing old isn't easy. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create a relationship that encourages openness

Is it easier to be consumed in the life I want to live and and not pay attention to the life I have, especially to those who are most close to me. The balance between the external and internal worlds we balance and manage on a daily basis can overshadow how life moves swiftly and quickly through the lives of our loved ones. If I could go back a few years ago or 10 years ago, I would wish I'd take more time to be myself and to build a relationship of openness and encouragement. It's crazy how we can share our deepest fears and our entire worlds with friends, yet, within our own family, we are so afraid to share those secrets. Share your secrets and fears with your family, regardless of the situation, they will be there for you.

Favorite Summer Activities: Eating fresh oysters list

Favorite Summer Activities: Eating fresh oysters 

My love for makeup

It's never been easier to document visually anything than now.  Mobile devices makes the process faster, easier, and "sharable." I'm happy  +Google+   has made it easier than ever to have all your photos from years ago in one place, at least if you have Android. As today is a new year, looking back at photos of years ago remind us of what we loved and what we aspired to be. Below are a compilation of pictures of my "journey" to practice makeup, not only to look and feel better, but it gives me a chance to be creative. Learning makeup brings out the artistic qualities in me and indeed, it can be a great distraction during stressful times.  My interpretation from Black Swan (the movie) Yup, I even started a YoutTube channel! I only knew how to apply 2 colors, over and over every day, on every single look. I experimented with different mascaras for us girls who have no lashes. (Limpy, thin, lashes that don't curl= waterproof